Formatting Font on Excel before the Report gets generated

Forum for discussing reports that use an Excel worksheet as its data source. Do not use this forum for reports based on external data retrieved by Excel.

Formatting Font on Excel before the Report gets generated

Postby eleniali on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:24 am

Formatting Font on Excel before the Report gets generated. I need to format the font (smaller size) and margins of the report before it gets generated in Excel. I've tried a couple of things under Edit Rept > Layout but couldn't find anything relevant. Any ideas?
eleniali

Re: Formatting Font on Excel before the Report gets generated

Postby SuperT on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:27 am

Eleniali,

Reports are created based on the fonts specified in the Fonts and Shading section of the Format tab.
These settings allow you to specify formatting options for group headings, column headings, report data and alternate row shading.

Format options for groups headings, column headings and data include the following: (1) font, (2) font size, (3) font style (bold) and (4) cell shading.
Format options for alternate row shading only include the color for cell shading and is only applied when Alternate Row Shading is active.

see http://reportsdna.com/videos.html for a video on setting the font for your report.
see http://reportsdna.com/manual/default.ht ... ading1.htm for the manual that covers setting the font.

ReportsDNA does not change margin settings so you can specify the margins for a worksheet using Excel's menu: File | Page Setup | Margins.

As of RC 1.2, it will set the page to fit to 1 page width (see attachment).

SuperT,
ReportsDNA Development
Attachments
fitto1page.jpg
Fit to 1 page width
fitto1page.jpg (36.19 KB) Viewed 53188 times
SuperT

Postby TheScripter on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:31 pm

EleniAli,
You will receive a free copy of ReportsDNA when it is released for sale because you were the first to use our new forums!

Congratulations!
TheScripter
TheScripter

Postby eleniali on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:06 am

Thank you for your video instruction! It was very helpful and very easy to follow. I was able to get my font changes done on the spot!! You rock Scripter!
eleniali

Postby eleniali on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:32 am

Scripter, how can I get my free copy?

TheScripter wrote:EleniAli,
You will receive a free copy of ReportsDNA when it is released for sale because you were the first to use our new forums!

Congratulations!
TheScripter
eleniali

Return to Excel